Monday 10 October 2011

Thai-ish Pork Burgers


My attention span for cooking is extremely low, the thought of cooking large quantities of a dish to save myself the bother of having to make dinner another night does not sit right with me at all. I'm always scanning books for the next thing to make, living from one new recipe to the next. I have tried the admittedly more sensible option, I end up with a freezerful of soup or stew or chilli that I will guiltily ignore for as long as possible. So even though I loved green curries I made from the paste, I was itching to make something different with it. The very happy result were these pork burgers. In fact, I loved them so much I went against everything I have said above and made them for dinner again the next night. High praise indeed.



Ingredients
For the burgers:
500grams pork mince, not too lean
2 tbsp green curry paste
2 tbsp fine semolina
3 spring onions, finely chopped
groundnut oil for frying

To serve:
raw peanuts, finely chopped and toasted
or
julienned carrot and red pepper, tossed in a mix of lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar
soft floury rolls, ideally, or whatever bread you like

Method
Thoroughly mix the burger ingredients, except the oil, together- it's easiest with your hands. Shape into 4 burgers, heat the groundnut oil over a medium in a heavy based frying pan, enough to cover the base of the pan. When the oil is hot, add the burgers and cook so they are nicely browned on each side, not just greyed. You don't want too high a heat as they need to be cooked through without burning on the outside. When the are ready, serve in buns sprinkled with your chosen topping.


No comments:

Post a Comment